Motivational Coach

dit657
on 4/12/11 9:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm here to say that I have been terribly lax in the exercise department - other than doing the PT that I was going for. So my BFF who was also my 'coach' when I first began my journey into WLS got on my case yesterday and said she is holding me accountable to exercise and move my butt, even if I'm starting from scratch again.

So last night I rode my exer-bike for 20 minutes. Left knee started acting up so I stopped there, but it was a START, and that's the important thing, right? And I brought an extra pair of sneakers and socks to work so on nice days I get my butt out and moving at lunch - if I do 20 minutes walking at lunch, then either walking, biking or something else at night it will add up.

And by the way, I have to admit that seeing Swede's before and after pictures this morning are great motivation to get moving again!! Not that I'd ever have abs like him, but I need to get my legs back in shape and my body moving again.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/12/11 11:24 pm
I am in the same boat! I have been lax in exercise as well! I am trying to make more of an effort to get moving again. I guess we will have to both get a shift kick in the a** to get going!!!

Anybody???

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

gmom62
on 4/13/11 4:30 am - Clifton Heights, PA

Hi Kathy,

Before my surgery, my sil gave me a nice pedometer for Christmas.  I walked a lot before surgery, or so I thought.  I started out making sure I got in at least 5000 steps a day.  If I didn't, I would go for a walk at night after work.  Now I am so far past my 10,000 steps a day I don't really need to look at how many steps I take but there are days that I do need a little extra.  Just the little things you can do add up.  Most of them are the obvious, park further away from the door of your work, store etc.  I would suggest getting a pedometer and start out with the 5,000 steps a day and work yourself up from there.  It adds up quicker than you think.

Good luck.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views